Friday, December 10, 2010

My photographic journey

I have always loved photography. I recalled being a little girl that I always loved looking at pictures. As much as I loved landscapes and scenery, I was always most drawn to pictures of people and their expressions. I am just simply drawn to peoples faces and the unique way they are shown through the camera. I loved drawing people since I was small and this led me into taking Fine Arts in University thus getting a Bachelor of Arts in Advertising Arts. I worked in various creative jobs in my hometown, being a graphic designer in IPI, Sony and eventually becoming an industrial designer for Timex watches in the Philippines.
I moved to Toronto, Canada in 1997 and worked at the Health and Supplement industry as a Graphic designer and retiring in 2007 to settle in and start a family life. Now I am blessed with a wonderful husband and our two beautiful and precious daughters Zika and Zena. I am now a full time mom, ( the most difficult but most rewarding job there is ;) ). In spite of my so called "settled state of being" I somehow always get this itch to do something creative - this so called creative bug - I think is imbedded in me and will never go away. In 2008 after having my first daughter, there was an opportunity for me to buy a Children's Photography business. I was fortunate enough to get it and it is called Wee Snaps. www.weesnaps.com
I am writing this blog to document my journey into photography through my everyday activities. My changing styles and my constant experimentations with the camera. I am hoping that I could take this photographic journey with me to renewed enthusiasm and to the point of satisfying the creative bug in me through blogging. So here it is, it starts right now...

1 comment: